This house represents the house of an acadian farmer originally from Memramcook and living in the village of La Montain. Memramcook was colonised by the Acadians during the first half of the 18th century. After the great expulsion, the acadians continued to live in the region so much that in 1781, Mgr. Briand, bishop of Québec, sets up canonically the parish of Memramcook.
Thus, Memramcook becomes a prosperous and fertile region during the 19th century and this due to its agriculture. As in other acadian regions, the farmers utilize the marshes and built (aboiteaux) dyke and sluce systems on the Memramcook and Petitcodiac rivers. We can also count on a lot of craftsmen in different jobs and occupations and on a few sawmills between 1830 and 1900.
The Léger family, in the person of Gabriel, built in 1836 this house situated not far from the Chapel built around 1780 and burnt down in La Montain. Apparently Gabriel Léger built his house on a land belonging to his father who acquired it in 1838. Moreover, his father Charles, who lived a large part of his life in Bouctouche, came to end his life with his son on April 5 and died on April 7, two days after his arrival.
When Gabriel died in 1880, his oldest son Alphée inherit the house. Alphée got married to Adélaïde LeBlanc in 1864 and the couple only had two daughters. One of them, Marie-Angèle, inherit her father's estate and this is how the house went from Léger to Leblanc. Marie-Angèle married to Hyppolite LeBlanc in 1890. The last family to live in this house is Antoine Leblanc, son of Hyppolite and Marie-Angèle Léger.
- Symmetry of the openings, and the two chimnies, the front with its central door and the two lateral windows
- Square on half-timbering squeleton
- Interior divided by partition walls
- Interior walls plastered and white-washed between the beams of the visible skeleton
- Central stair
- Counter-balanced well near the house